Former President Donald Trump sounded off on President Joe Biden, the Department of Justice, and Special Counsel Jack Smith in a series of posts on his Truth Social website.

The 45th president made it clear that he’s preparing to fight back against the charges against him in several cases.

“Look, it’s not my fault that my political opponent in the Democrat Party, Crooked Joe Biden, has told his Attorney General to charge the leading (by far!) Republican Nominee & former President of the United States, me, with as many crimes as can be concocted so that he is forced to spend large amounts of time & money to defend himself. The Dems don’t want to run against me or they would not be doing this unprecedented weaponization of “Justice.” BUT SOON, IN 2024, IT WILL BE OUR TURN. MAGA!” Trump wrote on Truth Social.

“The latest Fake ‘case’ brought by Crooked Joe Biden & Deranged Jack Smith will hopefully be moved to an impartial Venue, such as the politically unbiased nearby State of West Virginia! IMPOSSIBLE to get a fair trial in Washington, D.C., which is over 95% anti-Trump, & for which I have called for a Federal TAKEOVER in order to bring our Capital back to Greatness. It is now a high crime embarrassment to our Nation and, indeed, the World,” he wrote in another post.

It was revealed on Tuesday that Trump had been indicted again by Smith stemming from his investigation into the Jan. 6 riot at the U.S. Capitol Building.

According to Fox News, “This is the second federal indictment the former president faces out of Smith’s investigation. Trump, who leads the 2024 GOP presidential primary field, has already pleaded not guilty to 37 counts related to his alleged improper retention of classified records from his presidency.”

Trump faces several charges in that probe, including willful retention of national defense information, conspiracy to obstruct justice, and false statements. Additionally, he was indicted on three additional counts as part of a superseding indictment issued in connection with the same investigation last week.

This is the second time in U.S. history that a former president has faced charges in a federal criminal probe.

“This is nothing more than the latest corrupt chapter in the continued pathetic attempt by the Biden Crime Family and their weaponized Department of Justice to interfere with the 2024 Presidential Election, in which President Trump is the undisputed frontrunner, and leading by substantial margins,” a Trump campaign spokesperson told Fox News Digital.

Advertisement

“President Trump has always followed the law and the Constitution, with advice from many highly accomplished attorneys,” the spokesperson continued. “These un-American witch hunts will fail and President Trump will be re-elected to the White House so he can save our Country from the abuse, incompetence, and corruption that is running through the veins of our Country at levels never seen before.”

Trump is facing a second federal indictment from Smith related to his alleged improper retention of classified records from his presidency that were stored at his Mar-a-Lago estate.

Trump faces several charges in that probe, including willful retention of national defense information, conspiracy to obstruct justice, and false statements.

Additionally, he was indicted on three additional counts as part of a superseding indictment issued in connection with the same investigation last week.

Last week, Smith filed a superseding indictment against Trump, which included new charges related to the willful retention of national defense information and obstruction. The prosecutors alleged that Trump and his aides were involved in instructing a staff member at Trump’s Mar-a-Lago home in Florida to delete security camera footage deliberately. Smith alleged the action was taken with the intention of preventing the presentation of evidence to a federal grand jury.

Trump, however, denied the allegations categorically and said he ensured his legal team handed over any and all requested security footage unaltered.

In a subsequent post, he compared the current allegations against him to the “Russia, Russia, Russia hoax.”

According to court documents reported by The Epoch Times, DOJ prosecutors assert that in the latest court filings, a Mar-a-Lago employee named Carlos De Olivera informed another staff member that “the boss” wanted a server “deleted” on June 27, 2022. That allegedly occurred approximately two months before FBI agents conducted a raid at Trump’s residence, during which they purportedly uncovered documents in a storage area.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *