Democratic presidential candidate Robert F. Kennedy Jr. blasted President Joe Biden on social media over a decision he made regarding the Kennedy family.
RFK Jr. ripped Biden and his administration for the secretive way in which they announced the White House would “be maintaining secrecy indefinitely” on certain records related to the assassination of former President John F. Kennedy, his uncle.
“It’s not about conspiracy – it is about transparency. In a midnight Friday night announcement the White House has delivered the bad news that President Biden will be maintaining secrecy indefinitely on some JFK assassination-related records,” RFK Jr. began in a Twitter thread.
“The assassination was 60 years ago. What national security secrets could possibly be at risk? What are they hiding?” he continued.
“The White House announcement is unlawful. In 1992 the JFK Records Act was passed unanimously by Congress with the promise that all assassination-related records would be released no later than October 2017. This promise has broken once again with this midnight announcement,” he continued. Public trust in government is at an all-time low. Releasing these records would be a small but significant step toward regaining that trust. #Kennedy24.”
The Democratic presidential contender, who has consistently polled in the double digits since he announced his run in the spring, appeared to be referencing a White House memo to Executive Branch agencies on Friday.
The memo noted that “[i]n light of the recommendation for continued postponement of public release of information in the records identified in section 2(b) of this memorandum under the statu tory standard, I hereby certify, by the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, including section 5(g)(2)(D) of the Act, that continued postponement of public disclosure of that information is necessary to protect against identifiable harms to the military defense, intelligence operations, law enforcement, and the conduct of foreign relations that are of such gravity that they outweigh the public interest in disclosure.”
Meanwhile, Biden continues to face scrutiny over his alleged involvement in a bribery scheme while he was serving as Barack Obama’s vice president.
Last week, an investigative journalist said that he got quite a surprise when he dialed the number to a secretive cell phone at the center of an alleged scheme.
Just the News correspondent John Solomon said during an interview this week on the Real America’s Voice streaming network that when he called the number of the phone, which was reportedly being paid for by Hunter Biden, Joe was the one who picked up.
“There had been some documents that law enforcement had gotten to other media. One of those documents got leaked to me, and it had a cell phone number that Hunter Biden was paying for, so I figured this was my chance. I’ve been trying to get fair comment from Hunter Biden, so I’m gonna call the cell phone!” Solomon said.
“So I called the cell phone, and guess who picked up the phone? Joe Biden!” he said. “Joe Biden! Boy was he shocked when he got — when he picked up the phone and found out it was me. He hung up pretty quickly!”
According to Peter Schweizer of the Government Accountability Institute on Sunday, Joe Biden, during his tenure as vice president in the Obama administration, utilized a satellite phone that was funded by a business associated with Hunter Biden, The Western Journal reported.
“We know from the laptop that Hunter Biden’s business paid for a private phone line that Joe Biden used while he was vice president. It was from AT&T. It was $300 a month. It was a global phone where you could access somebody anywhere around the world,” he said.