Tucker Carlson has become the man who shall not be named at Fox News to the point where the network rejected an ad for a presidential campaign because video of him was in it.
The campaign of Miami, Florida Mayor Francis Suarez, who recently joined the contest for the Republican presidential nomination, submitted an ad that featured Carlson and the network demanded it be changed, Chapin Fay of SOS America PAC, whose company created he ad, said to Newsmax host Eric Bolling on “The Balance” on Friday.
He told Bolling that the network demanded they remove “all images and video of Tucker Carlson,” and any “violent crime scene footage that included guns or shootings, or they wouldn’t air the ad.”
“We revised it and sent them a new ad so we wouldn’t be off the air there,” he said as he mentioned that Newsmax did not ask for any changes to the ad.
Bolling then introduced Tucker Carlson biographer Chadwick Moore he spoke about how this is not uncommon for Fox News.
“A little history here: I — Fox tends to do that. If they bounce someone, if they fire someone or get rid of someone, they scrub them from as many aspects of Fox as they can. Off their website. Are you shocked that they did this? I was shocked that they did this. You know, it seems like they, they want to double and triple down on this firing of Tucker,” he said.
“It’s Stalinesque!” Moore said. “Didn’t he have people removed out of photos when he didn’t want them pictured anymore? You know, Tucker is Voldemort! It Is he who shall not be named.”
He said that he thought it was “bizarre” and he was “surprised they were so direct” about having Carlson scrubbed from the ad.
“I was there for six and a half, almost seven years. On their ten year anniversary, they did some look-backs of the first few days and Kimberly Guilfoyle and Eric Bolling were edited out of all of those look-backs,” the host said. “It just seems so mean-spirited.”
Carlson is continuing to build a new team behind the scenes after being taken off the air by Fox News in April, and according to his biographer, many of them are coming from the network. Chadwick Moore, in several tweets over the weekend, claimed that at least nine members of the cable news king’s former Fox team have left to join him.
“My sources have now told me *NINE* former Tucker Carlson Tonight staffers have left Fox News to join Tucker on his next venture. There are others who are waiting to leave as soon as a role opens up for them with Tucker. Each of the 9 approached Tucker, not the other way around,” he wrote on the platform.
“Also, quietly, many familiar faces from Tucker Carlson Tonight are refusing to appear on Fox News since Tucker was bizarrely pulled off the air—and not just the ones who got blacklisted for writing a book about him!” he added. “Tucker Carlson’s team at Fox was extremely close. Most of them were there from the launch of the show until it’s end, and they’ve stood by their boss in the aftermath.”
Moore’s tweets come amid new fallout from the network after a long-time producer who took a potshot at President Joe Biden during a live segment has left.
Alex McCaskill, a 10-yet Fox News vet and a major behind-the-scenes collaborator with Carlson, said he requested to be let out of his contract with the network after he posted a chyron referring to Biden as a “wannabe dictator.”
According to The Associated Press, McCaskill ran the message in a bottom-screen chyron for about 30 seconds before it was taken down. The message ran concurrently with Biden speaking alongside a shot of former President Donald Trump giving a speech to supporters in New Jersey after he was indicted earlier in the day by Biden’s Justice Department.
Trump is Biden’s most formidable Republican opponent for the White House, thus far, in next year’s election.